Sunday 3 July 2011

Twittering into the ether

The funny thing about Twitter is the @ function. On a couple of occasions I've tweeted AT people to dutifully inform them of my existence. Of course they do not deign to reply... but I can't help feeling as if I'm bouncing up and down on a trampoline made of interwebs, shouting, "Hey!! Look at meeeeee, I exiiiist!" <Boing> "Helloooo?" <Boing> "Wheeee!" <Boing> "Please buy my boooook!"

Perhaps I should try doing this next time I walk down the street, and hand out a few free novels as I bounce.

Those @-ed were:
@stephenfry - You've got to start at the top, after all. Asked a sex question.
@GuardianBooks - Tried some plugging of blog, again mentioning sex.
@bobbyllew -  Attempted conversation by making obscure reference to his neighbours' pond.

Responses: nil.

No comments:

Post a Comment